CONVERSE | ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER | MELBOURNE
In some ways, you know us. Converse has been making Chuck Taylor All Star and One Star sneakers since we started over a century ago, and now we work to make new street style classics. What you wear defines sport, street, and creative culture, and we’ve been redefining it with you all along.
When you wear Converse products, you create a culture of authentic street style simply by being yourself. Whether they’re on the feet of a ‘70’s basketball star in a history book or on the street with you today, Chucks have always signified cool…because you wear them.
We don’t know where you’ll go, but we know you’ll take Converse to the future with you.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and committed Assistant Store Manager to join our team.
In this role, you’ll lead and manage all in-store activities to achieve sales KPI targets and profitability goals. Your main duties will include recruiting and hiring top talent, coaching, developing, and visual merchandising. Most importantly though, you’ll create a fun, energetic environment for our customers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 2+ years’ retail experience at the management level
- Proven success in coaching, motivating, counselling and developing people
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook experience
- Strong selling techniques and experience delivering high- level customer service
- Able to perform all store manager functions, including standing for extended periods, speaking clearly with employees and customers, climbing ladders to change displays, stocking and retrieving merchandise, unloading shipments and performing sale setups
- Proficient in merchandising procedures to maximise sales
- Experience in stock control procedures and inventory management
- A team player who leads by example
- Roster: Tuesday – Saturday
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Ready to sign on the dotted line? We’ve got your back! A competitive base salary, bonus scheme, uniform and generous employee discounts are on offer to the successful candidates. You will also have the opportunity to attend our Retail Managers conference each year, at our Head Office in Melbourne.
There you will hear from our Head Office team, have the chance to network, and stay informed with our upcoming product and company plans!
- Work with a brand you love & wear!
- Generous employee discounts & uniform provided
- Bring your passion to help lead and motivate a team
- Ongoing training, mentoring and coaching to enhance your capabilities
Our clothes and sneakers get worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, dreamers, thinkers and originals.
We celebrate individuality.
If you’re one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.